Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our Creations

These are the results of Jamie and my efforts from the previous blog entry.

First Jamie's creations:


Jamie made a lovely clock from a button and clock face cut-out (on the wall), a fancy wall clock with a background of William Morris wallpaper and a copper butterfly and a lovely strawberry cake complete with a strawberry in the middle.

I made a mantel clock and a vase from fimo as well as a button clock. All I can say is it is going to take a bit of time to get my mini-making skills honed again, although I am quite pleased with the vase.


As for the experiment with the air-dried clay bonsai pot, I got a bit rough handed with the pot which stuck to the tile it was drying on after I had put some gloss sealer on it and it crumbled into many pieces. I'll have to start again from scratch. Still, another lesson learned.

As I said to Jamie, it is okay to have failures. They are the steps you take on the way to learning new skills.

2 comments:

  1. I've just linked through to your blog. Lucky you to have a daughter to share your passion, and a talented one too. My granddaughter shares mine, but alas she lives in Canada, so we don't get to do much together. Keep on mini-ing! --

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have to show Jamie your comment in the morning. She will get a kick out of being mentioned.

      Delete