Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wallpapering Completed

I have completed my challenge to wallpaper a room of The Laurels this weekend. I wanted an oriental feel to the room as I have a collection of vintage miniature Chinese mudmen in the room and have one or two Japanese miniatures I may include in the room at some stage. I haven't really decided whether it will be a living room or a library/study.  I still need to hunt out some vintage miniatures to go in the room.

The wallpaper is a reprint of a 1914 wallpaper from http://www.puppenstubentapeten.com/epages/61540032.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61540032/Categories

The pink nursery paper was a reprint of an old dollshouse wallpaper from the same site.

The wallpapers are printed on the back of old rolls of wallpaper and so are easy to work with because they are thick enough to hide some of the imperfections you find in an old house. They were also one of the few options I could find that was tall enough for these rooms, the rooms being 12.5 inches tall. The other advantage is that for most papers you can order any length you want. I ordered 100cm, enough to cover the three walls.

I still need to do the floors as you can see.

The fire places are original to the house. They are rather large and cumbersome but it is part it's history.


On the fireplace are some vintage vases I have managed to find.
The little dog I picked up at a local antique shop. Isn't he cute.
The globe is a vintage Chad Valley .
I made the table the globe is standing on.



One side of The Laurels wallpapered.

Now lets see if there is enough weekend left to play with some fimo!

5 comments:

  1. I love your wallpaper and that little table you made is very nice! You must have that good feeling we get when we accomplish what we set out to do. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I Love your choices in wallpaper and how everything is coming together so magically - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Wallpapering!
    The pink one isn´t my taste because I din´t like pink, but I really like the blue one!
    I hope Edward arrives you this week in good condition and I´m looking forward to see what you planning with him for christmas! I LOVE christmas! I´m happy he´s going to be a christmas elf!
    Hugs Melli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melli
      I'm just on my lunch break at the moment and got home to find a package with Edward in it on my doorstep. He is just adorable. His head wasn't on which gave me a bit of a fright but then I realised I could just press it on. I will post some pictures of him on my blog tonight. I agree with you about pink. It certainly is far from my favourite colour but it had birds on it and I love birds. I'm still gathering ideas for the Christmas project but will post a picture of the box the scene will go in tonight as well.

      Delete
  4. I love the blue wallpaper-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete