Thursday, April 17, 2014

I See A Mouse House

I see a mouse house in my future. Hopefully when you see the pictures of the tin I just bought you will see what I mean. This just begs to become a small scale mouse house.

Isn't it cute. It appears to be from 2008 (the labels says 'Best before August 2008') and originally held pink and white marshmallows. It was obviously intended as a Christmas gift as some mice have Santa costumes or Santa hats on and there are presents, candy canes, stockings, a Christmas pudding and even a couple of little mice smiling under some mistletoe. I love the story 'The Night Before Christmas' so I think I would work around that theme.

The tin is 31cm tall by 21cm wide.

The front.

The right side.

The left side.

The back.

Underneath

Of course I have other projects to do first and I already have a Christmas project on the go, so this will be put aside for now. I just had to share it with you though.

Hopefully I will be back in a day or two with a little Easter scene.

Bye for now.

16 comments:

  1. What a great inspiring find! I'm sure it will be a wonderful project to follow.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute, I bet it would make an excellent mouse house!
    Teresa,
    sugar, spice and whatever's nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eso es lo que más me gusta de tí! sabes aprovechar cosas rutinarias para hacer auténticas maravillas. La lata es una preciosidad! un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esa lata es un tesoro y con la imaginación que tienes, seguro que la conviertes en una casa fantástica.
    Tendremos que esperar para disfrutarlo.
    Besos
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a fun project :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tin is adorable, Sharee! What a fun project this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharee,

    I'm glad Friend Connect is working again so I could finally become a follower of your lovely blog. It's great not to miss a new post of yours from now on - and I will especially look forward to what you're going to do with this gorgeous tin box. What a find - this is so well done on the outsides, really beautiful.

    Greetings from Germany
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, welcome. I am glad you have managed to become a follower. It seems there have been some troubles lately with people trying to connect with blogs. I am glad it is now working.

      Delete
  8. Your tin is beautiful the details on it are so sweet. It will make a fantastic mouse house.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun find, Sharee! You're going to have a ball making your tiny mouse house in that tin. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when people use containers like this to make their scenes in! Such a cool idea and I love your container.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very interesting and original tin. I haven't seen anything like this! What a treasure! Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful find!!! This box is absolutely gorgeous!!! Is it just carton or tin?? In any case is fantastic!! You will not need much to transform it but I'm looking forward to see how you will do it. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete